Saturday 24 March 2007

Still a long long way for all of us ... Purpose Driven Life ..

Hi Friends,

Constance: Thanks for sharing with on the korean video clip ... it's really a long time since i last watch tat and i was actually being introduced by Janice haha. Anyway, I am glad tat you are sharing this with us again... and I am glad i had the opportunity to watch this again.

When i woke up this morning, i realised that it's saturday , a day which i drag (sometimes) and sometimes, i look forward to, a time for me to take a break from work. Why drag? Well, I struggled with loneliness everytime it comes to saturday and each time i read it and i am really wondering when God is going to answer my prayer or is going to answer my prayer ... I just wish i have a companion in my life to journey with deeply particularly in my faith. But as i was watching that video clip i am reminded once again tat my journey cannot be dependent on the people but Christ alone .. but it is really so difficult. It is made difficult everytime when it comes to Saturday hence, it is something that i drag alot. My life seemed to be quite dull and boring .. life seemed to be filled with ministries, meetings, work and home .. is this wat life all about ...

It then occured to me lately that I am only 25 years old ... can you imagine those who in their 50s ... that's another more than 25 years. Personally, 25 years is already quite long for most of us .. so can we imagine we so much more to live, even among those in their 50s (for most of our parents) who has another generation above them (our grandparents) ... that's another 25 years or more.. so we are indeed very young .. and our journey is not going to be easy man .. there's so much to live for and we really don't know when we are going back to see our Lord again ... (i used the word again simply because i believe that each and everyone of us here have seen the Lord but we kinda of forget about him - hence that's why we cry when we are born .. hahah - just kidding) In any case, i really wonder when are we going to see the Lord again ... it such a long and tiring journey. I came to realise this especially after my major operation last year ...

So Lord ... teach us to be patient with you and to trust that you are leading us to the most Perfect Plan of yours.

Oh ya, remember what i shared with you guys yesterday about this guy who passed away not too long ago. It was later that evening i completed his autobiography when i was on my way back home. When i first read his name, I realised tat his name is actually very familiar but could not put a finger onto it. It was later when i was completing his story then did i remembered that he was the guy who came out with the invention of conducting polymer (ini layman term, it's plastics that conduct electricity) whilst working with one of the Japanese chemist. In fact, my former research laboratory is working on such polymers. In any case, what dawned upon me was about our purpose driven life. That each and everyone of us, if we were to really work hard to know what's God's Mission and purpose for us, we would also like him know our purpose or rather acting on the purpose itself.

Having been read his story, it dawned upon me that we have such a long way more to our purpose .. if we actually read a number of autobiographes, each story is unique and eachof them has their own unique purpose . And i guess, probably around our age group, God is actually forming us to prepare us for that purpose that we are not even aware of.

So are we living our lives to the fullest so that we could live up to that purpose that God has entrusted us with great responsibilities .....

Colin Sng

No comments: