Wednesday 28 March 2007

Jesus Answers our Prayers!!! Pray Pray Pray ..

Dearest BASIC (Brothers And Sisters In Christ),

Firstly, I would like to thank Joshua for sharing with us about the BASIC ... something that is so unique and cool ... thank God for giving such wisdom to the young ones (the latest Youth Community who call themselves ... BASIC).

Oh ya ... BAISC .. please start blogging ... really miss hearing from all of you .. short or long ... at least say something in your blog man .. hahah

Anyway, I have been really really overwhelmed ... super overwhelmed by the short little time i have with the Lord each morning especially with my new office setting. The key word is 'Listening' Prayer .. and indeed I have received so much formation from the Lord Himself ... Praise be to God!!!

Well, let me share with you some of the things that has been happening over the past two days. I guess the Lord is really speaking powerfully not only to our Community but also the to people of the Archdiocesan of Singapore ... particularly to the Youths and Young Adults. I felt there are so much revival that has been taking place.. Every corner of the City of Singapore, God is raising leaders, sons and daughters, men and woman of great dreams and vision for His Kingdom. As what Jude was sharing last night, people must dare to dream and as what Prophet Joel (Acts 2:17 - 21) would put:

" 'It will come to pass in the last days,' God says, "that I will pour out a portion of my spirit upon all flesh. Yours sons and daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. Indeed, upon my servants and my handmaids, I will pour out a portion of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. And I will work wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below: blood, fire, and a cloud of smok. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and splendid day of the Lord, and it shall be that everyone shall be saved who call on the name of the Lord."

Anyway, let me go back to my original topic ... prayer. Well, I have been so overwhelmed over the past 1.5 months or so by so many things about prayer. Every corner of my life, people are speaking and sharing about prayer.

First - in the men's group (for 1 month plus), Edywn has giving sessions on prayer particularly listening prayer. Even during cell group meeting, our cell leader also let us experience lectio divnia and using the gift of prophecy. Just last night, Father Eugene Vaz spoke about the importance of prayer for disciples of Christ has to be Man and Woman of Prayer. In fact, the first part of his class was God answering our prayers .. and he did he does but most of the time He does not answer the way we wanted and He usually packaged it differently. All we need is to have the faith that our Loving and Perfect Father will answer us... For those who have not gone for last night session, reflect and read Luke 12:38 - 11:13 ... the whole entire thing is about prayer. Besides that, even during my prayer time yesterday morning, I had sense the Lord telling me that we need to spend more and more time together in Prayer as a Community to pray for the nominees (and the leaders of the Church) and we should not be afraid to be His Servant if He calls any of us to do so.

With regards to my prayer, welll, I was praying e morning and be silent and trying to be patient to wait upon the Lord to speak to me. I asked two questions (I will only share with you one question - too much to continue with the next) and he answered me ... first, I asked me what do you want me to do today? The word that flashes upon me was 'spiritual warfare'. That we should be, as what St. Paul writes to the Ephesians: (Ephesians 6:10 - 17):

"Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with the flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with evil spirits in the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day, and having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

I felt the Lord was telling me to share wtih all of you all that we need to pray for core team and we should continously pray for strength from the Lord. That we should let the evil one to take control of your decision making but only by the Spirit of God Himself ...

So BASIC, let us continue to pray ... pray for the leaders of the Church ..

Colin Sng

No comments: