Wednesday 7 March 2007

hi all . . . .

I came across this i find it so meaningful especially duringthis period of lent .

Fasting in Ramadan

God, what am I
But a pale copy
Of the true ascetics?
A lesson in humility.
Only under such heat, such thirst,
Does the soul realise
The body is just a mirage.
Forgive me, God, for Crossing the dates on the calendar,
Numbering thirty days of abstinence;
For observing how muchTemptation surrounds me.
The tap's mouth glistens even though
It is only my eye that has polished it.
And it is only my longing That saturates the colour of apples,
That turns a passing scent into form,
Like breaths sculpted in cold weather.
Feasting before dawn.
Each sunrise I fade,Reduced to a mouth, source
Of desire, of the original sin.
And at each sundown, a glassful of water
Travels down my gullet
And turns me solid again:
God, when you breathed life
Into the first man, was that
What answered his craving?
Or did he know then, that
As you fed him, you also gave him
Hunger, a crumb of that world
That you will cast him down into?

Kenny

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Praise God friends. Way to go with your blog lar! just that it seems only you and cons haha (like only me and ray)....

hope i'm wrong and more members of community will take charge of simple things like this.

Anyway, we should combine forces la! ha!!! when we change cells in june, HOW????!!!??? hahaha