Monday 21 May 2007

Yours Truly

Hey!

Ok there are lots on my mind now, so i guess i have to blog!

Today, I attended evening mass at OLPS for my rites of acceptance.
Father GReg started the homily with the story of the oprea "Madam Butterfly"

Madam butterfly is a famous opera which was in Singapore 2 yrs back. This yr is at its 100th yr running.

Anyway father was preaching about the origins of the opera. The opera was initially written by Giacomo Puccini, but half way, b4 he could finish the opera, he died. At his death bed, he asked his disciples to continue on with his work.
His disciples, whose lives were greatly inter wined because of his work and Puccini as a person, continued his work.

when the opera was showed for the 1st time at broadway, half way into the play, the orchestra stopped playing. the actors stopped at their positions and became solemn,
his disciple who was leading the orchestra, turned around, and told the audience," this is where my master-Puccini stopped at his work. The rest of the work was continued by me as he had wanted." With that, they observed a min of silence before continuing on with the show.

At the end of the show, the audience said that this show was extraordinary and left a deep impact in all of them. It wasn't because the author walked onto the stage at the end of it all and they felt it was a good show, it wasn't because the story was beautiful in the first place, was the humanity shown by the disciple, the love he showed to his master which brought the audience deeper into the opera, giving them a whole new experience.

After this story was told, I had a picture of Jesus and his mission in my mind.

How we are the apostles of today, its us and no one else, how we are called to carry on the Lord's work.

and this phase struck me:

he come, he died and he conquered

he come, he died and he conquered!

During the past week, I was trying to bringing life to the video, trying to get this message across- about how we are called to carry on his mission. I had many visions in my mind, many skeletons, but no matter how i try to change the flow of video, sounds, it still seem so dry. I wasn't satisfied with what I do, cos I wasn't able to bring out the whole experience of it all. That was when I decided to put in a voice over to it. Till today, I was super vexed over the video besides other things, and during morning mass i was trying so hard just to convince myself to leave the video in God's hands. he will take care of the rest.

After a day of events, I realized that I have missed the point. To portray carrying out his mission will be just impossible to do. Because it is showing a process of realization a person has to go through, to have transformation of heart, to experience the healing process himself, to become a llving testimony of God's love.

End of day, it is the realization that Jesus is the only way, its only through the Father that we find real happiness, to be living testimony, and we portray this 'joy' of realization to the people around us, how our lives were changed that we spread the 'love'.

And that is why it starts with me

it starts with my own inner healing, my own prayer time, my own walk with God before I can know more about God which will eventually lead to reaching out to others.




And I really praise Lord for this cell, for this blog. As I look through my past entries, in fact all the posts of everyone, I realized how much I/We have all grown along the way. And I realized how community has indeed changed my life just by the posts. I looked back on my entry on how i had issues with the community and today- It is such a vast difference. I think one thing really struck me today was how Collin approached me and we had so much to share about. prior to the blog, I will have felt that we have anything in similarities, that he won't understand the things i go through. Its only through the blog that some dark areas of our lives were surfaced, I know about his life, and through his courage in listening to the Holy Spirit that made me ponder more about the mysteries of God.

I thank God for this cell and blog. sadly and excitingly, it is going to be June soon! Before we bid this cell group farewell and spread our love and blogging fever around, lets have a meet up!!


i think we should do something for a change.

and cons, kenny, colin, eve, darren so super tired after work n need something to energize!( me and shireen bumming ard hahha) i getting fatty legs already, lets go canoing!!! (so cons, don't go out w guy no time for us hoh heh!!)

East Coast Park
SAT 26 May / 2 Jun
$10 per houf


or

ROCK CLIMBING!!!

very fun. I have all the equipments.very safe, very easy to learn. sure to enjoy.

Climb Adventure
tanjong pagar
$6 per person
same dates


ORR

K la, if all else fails, lets just chill at some place.

discuss on Tag k! see which day good for everyone

Ok take care everyone!! hear from you soon.

anyway I just injured my finger just now. same finger same hand as evelyn k...haha.and i couldn't stop thinking bout what eve said bout pointing the middle finger at her students, sub consciously i was showing it at the doc hahaa

Steven

No comments: